Sarvehana, Inc. knows your privacy is important to you, and we are committed to providing a safe and secure user experience.
1. What Information We Collect
As described in more detail below, we may collect the following categories of information about you or your use of Hana: (1) identifiers (such as name and date of birth); (2) internet or other network or device activity (such as browsing history or app usage); (3) education data; (4) inference data about you; (5) legally protected classifications (such as gender) and (6) other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you.
2. Information You Provide Directly to Us
- Register for a Hana account (“Account”);
- Play cognitive training games or engage in other activities that require your information to function (e.g., portions of Hana that require an Account to participate);
- Communicate with us;
You are required to create an Account to gain access to some areas of Hana. we ask for certain information to process your registration, including a phone number.
We may also collect (1) name, (2) gender, (3) date of birth, (4) education level, (5) other demographic information, and (6) other information you voluntarily provide to us. Providing most of this information is optional. We also allow you select your preferences for training, language, and receiving email communications.
3. Information that is Passively or Automatically Collected
In addition to the information you provide directly to us, when you use Hana, we automatically collect information about the computer, mobile device, or other devices you use to access Hana and about how you use Hana. For example, we receive data about the games you play and your performance in those games. We also receive information such as the type of device you use, operating system version, unique device identifier (“UDID”), the date and time of your visit, clickstream data, the pages you view and the game levels you have progressed through. In some cases, we link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you. We do this to improve the services and marketing we offer you.
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices or tablets) you use to access Hana. As described further below, we may collect and analyze information such as (a) IP addresses, unique device identifiers, and other information about your computer or device(s) operating system, mobile device carrier information, the state or country from which you accessed Hana; and (b) statistical information about the use of Hana, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used Hana, the frequency of your use of Hana, error logs, and other similar information.
4. Information Provided by Social Networking Services and Others
We may supplement the information you provide to us with additional information gathered from other sources, such as publicly available information, or from third parties, such as marketers, partners, researchers and others. We may combine information that we collect from you with information about you that we obtain from such third parties and information derived from any other product or service we provide.
5. How We Use Your Information at Hana
We use the categories of information identified above to operate and provide you with Hana and other services. This includes, but is not limited to the following business and commercial purposes:
- For the purposes for which you provided it;
- Authenticating your login
- Personalizing your Hana experience and customizing your training program;
- Allowing you to monitor your performance and progress in Hana, by, for example, presenting charts and graphs of your performance to you;
- Customizing and delivering information about our products and services by email;
- To contact you with information, surveys, or advertising that we believe may be of interest to you regarding us or Hana;
- Providing customer support and sending confirmations about your Account;
- For internal research and reporting;
- Protecting our intellectual property or other rights; and
- Managing and improving our business, our games, and our training.
We also reserve the right to use and disclose non-personal data (e.g., de-identified or aggregate data) for any purpose. For example, we show aggregate performance measures to users to allow them to evaluate their performance against other Hana users. Also, in connection with our Human Cognition Project, we may disclose performance statistics to university collaborators to evaluate, study, and improve the effectiveness of our programs or human cognition more generally. In these situations, all data is disclosed either in aggregate form or with information that can identify you removed. In addition, when we work with university collaborators, we contractually prohibit them from attempting to re-identify individuals from data that has been de-identified.
6. Legal Bases For Use Of Your Personal Data
The laws in some jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal ground they rely on to use or disclose your personal data. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as follows:
- To honor our contractual commitments to you: Much of our processing of personal data is to meet our contractual obligations to our users, or to take steps at users’ request in anticipation of entering into a contract with them. For example, we handle personal data on this basis for our premium users.
- Consent: Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle personal data on the basis of your implied or express consent. Where you have provided consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing that was carried out prior to withdrawing your consent. To withdraw your consent, please contact us at [email protected]
in many cases, we handle personal data on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals, such as:
- Providing a safe and enjoyable user experience;
- Customer service;
- Protecting our users, personnel, and property;
- Analyzing and improving our business;
- Processing job applications; and
- Managing legal issues.
- We may also process personal data for the legitimate interests of our research partners, such as to provide cognitive training, research, and analytics for such partners.
- Legal compliance: We need to use and disclose personal data in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
- To protect the vital interests of the individual or others: For example, we may collect or share personal data to help resolve an urgent safety situation.
7. No Disclosure to Third Parties for Their Own Marketing Purposes
We believe in protecting your privacy, and therefore do not provide your personal data to third parties for their own marketing purposes.
8. When We Share Your Personal Information With Third Parties
We may share the categories of personal information identified in Section 1 for business purposes (as defined by applicable law) or as required by applicable law. More specifically, we may share your personal information in the following situations:
1. Service providers and agents
We may share your information with our corporate affiliates, such as entities under common ownership or control.
3. Compliance with law and law enforcement requests, and protection of our rights.
We may disclose your information when we have a good faith belief we are required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal mechanism. We may also disclose your information when we have a good faith belief that disclosure may prevent fraud and abuse of Hana or its users or protect our property rights.
4.Consent or At Your Direction
We may disclose your information when we believe we have your consent to do so, such as when you contact customer support and ask us about your Account, or when we have the consent of someone we believe is authorized to consent on behalf of you, such as the individual associated with the payment method for your Account, or where you share user-generated content with other Hana users or publicly. If you have expressly agreed to participate in a research study with us or with a third party that incorporates your personal data collected by Hana, we also may disclose your information for the purpose of facilitating the research to which you have consented.
Data Subject Rights And Your Choices
You may access and review your personal data by logging into your Account.
9. Retention Of Personal Data And Security
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws. To dispose of personal data, we may anonymize it, delete it or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
We have implemented and maintain security practices to protect against the unauthorized access, use, modification, destruction or disclosure of your personal data. For example, when you enter sensitive information on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission or storage is completely secure, and we therefore cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, please contact us using the contact information below.
Links To Third Party Websites
Our website includes links to other sites that may collect personal data, and whose privacy practices may differ from those of Hana. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to review their privacy policies.